Quality ControlNational Bio Vet Laboratory is dedicated to the highest possible standards in quality assurance. In accordance with AAHA, comprehensive quality control programs are in place to ensure consistently accurate and precise test results.
- NBVL follows federal guidelines under the Clinical Laboratories Improvement Act, and those of the State of Florida. We also participate in proficiency testing programs provided by the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB), ASCP, and the National Veterinary Laboratory Association.
- All laboratory methodology is in accordance with the National Committee on Clinical Laboratory Standards and validated for veterinary applications, which are approved by Schools of Veterinary Medicine nationwide. All procedures are monitored by an inhouse quality control program. Under this program, quality control procedures are performed in every depa rtment on a daily basis to ensure precision and accuracy.
- NBVL believes in the importance of experience and education. For this reason NVBL is directed by doctorate level laboratory scientists. All pathology services are performed by board certified veterinary pathologists.
- Our experienced technicians hold a minimum of a bachelor of science degree and are certified with ASCP and the State of Florida, the most stringent in the nation, or a national certifying agency for clinical laboratory personnel.
National Bio Vet Laboratory welcomes all clients and appropriate accrediting agencies to visit our facilities, Our staff is always available to answer any questions or concerns that may arise.
National Bio Vet Laboratory provides the necessary supplies for specimen collection and submission at no additional cost. Requests for supplies may be given to a telephone representative or by using our supply request forms.
Results of routine chemistry, hematology, and serology testing will be available on a same day basis for our Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County clients. Clients outside of this area will receive on the following day within 12 hours.
- Fax Results - For clients wishing to have results faxed to them, NBVL will do so as those results become available. For this service, please speak to one our customer service representatives.
- Phone Results - Results are available, by telephone, during normal office hours, from our customer service department. Please have the owner's name, the patient's name, and date submitted ready, as this will help access results more rapidly, and help to maintain confidentiality.
- Hard Copy Results - Printed reports are delivered by our couriers daily, or mailed by US postal service.
- By Internet Access - Results are available online for those clients with internet access.
- Email Results - NBVL's new software provides automatic email services to our clients. Please contact us for your email address.
NBVL utilizes a single form for all tests. The forms are provided with the account information. Patient information and history should be completed as fully as possible, and submitted with the samples. The yellow copy of the request form should be saved for your records.
National Bio Vet Laboratory's couriers collect samples and deliver supplies and result reports at no cost to our clients. Courier service is available Monday-Friday, both day and night, and Saturday service until 3:00 pm. STAT courier services is available for Dade and Broward counties of Florida at an additional cost.
Testing performed on veterinarians' pets will be at no cost. Pets of clinic employees will be at a 20% discount. The laboratory should be notified, prior to submitting such as a sample, to ensure that the appropriate credit is given. Requirements for this service are as followed:
- Maintain a current balance
- Maintain an average minimum billing of $250 each month
- Discounts cannot exceed 10% of total monthly bill
- Discounts only for in-house testing
NBVL is closed on the following days: New Year's day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Board certified specialists are available for consultation of any results obtained from our laboratory. We encourage our clients to utilize this service to resolve any questions or concerns that may arise. Please contact our customer service department to take advantage of this service.
All clients will receive a monthly statement for services rendered during the previous thirty days. Statement will include itemized procedures performed for individual clients. Statements are payable within 20 days. Finance charges will be added on any unpaid balances over 20 days.